Secondary operations are processes or techniques are generally performed on manufactured parts to improve their physical appearance or tolerances. In a CNC machining unit, the primary operation is to form or fabricate a part or component from a sheet metal or plastic as per the required size and dimensions. This is done through various machining techniques such as milling, turning, forming, tapping, and many more. However, this is not enough and final touches need to be given to the part or product. Secondary operations mainly comprise such as fine tuning techniques such as polishing, surface finishing, coating, and so on. It also includes testing and inspection techniques to check the functionality of the product or circuit boards. Princeton Industrial has an exclusive and efficient department which offers secondary operations for various types of CNC machine services. This helps us to provide our customers with superior quality CNC machined and secondary treated parts.
Secondary CNC Machine Services We Offer
Almost all the parts and components, nowadays require secondary operations as part of either functioning or a smooth finish which helps in branding. Sometimes, it may be integral to the functioning, and if not done the part may not function properly. It is for this reason that we closely monitor the operations of our secondary departments and suppliers. We have all the advanced secondary equipment and experienced staff, which helps us deliver parts with precision and within the stipulated timeframe. It helps boost productivity, brand value, and time to market of the OEM. Also, we offer all of this at competitive prices. Here are the secondary CNC machine services we offer:
- Plating:This is a method in which a thin layer of metal such as copper, silver, nickel, chromium, and so on is applied onto the substrate. This not only improves the aesthetics but offers corrosion resistance.
- Grinding:This process removes the uneven and coarse particles and materials on the surface of the workpiece. This is done for fine tuning and smooth surface finishing.
- Anodizing:This is a process to lay thick oxide coating onto the workpiece surface. This makes the surface wear and corrosion resistant as well as improves aesthetics.
- Part Identification:Our advanced machines such as the milling and turning centers have the part marking program which can be programmed through which part marking can be printed on the part or product surface.
- Heat Treating:Machined parts or components are heat treated either before or after the machining process. This is basically done to enhance their structural stability, strength, hardness, and other physical properties.
- Polishing:The workpiece surface is polished after the machining process to remove coarse materials and burring marks.
- Machining of Castings:Casting eases the process of metal sheet being formed into a part or product with tight tolerances ranging in a few microns. While metal casting has been used since centuries, this is now a technologically automated process. It reduces the need to join too many parts which in turn reduces resources and costs.
- Thread Rolling:Here, a metal is rolled through dies to develop threads around the surface, such as in screws and many other fitting components.
- Identification Stamping:In this process, letters of the logo or brand name product name are stamped into the metal workpiece. This is done by embossing, coining, punching, and so on.
- Laser Etching:Here, heat is generated onto the workpiece surface by focusing a laser beam and layers from the surface are removed. The surface thus melts and permanent marks are created onto it
- Contract Assembly:We offer services pertaining to the assembling process post manufacturing a component. We have the required equipment and skilled workforce for the same.
- Special Packaging:We offer services related to packaging and labeling of parts and products with special or specific requirements.
Benefits of Partnering with Princeton for Secondary CNC Machine Services
There are many benefits of partnering with us for your secondary CNC machine services.
- Being a quality-centric organization, we are very particular about the accuracy, precision, and the quality we offer for all our products. Also, all this is delivered within the set deadlines.
- We primarily offer CNC turning, milling, and other processes used to make CNC machined parts, and secondary operation is then a natural progression depending on the requirement. However, we also cater to secondary operations exclusively if that is the requirement.
- We have advanced machines with multiple axes, such as CNC machining center, Swiss machining equipment, milling machines, and more.
- Volume is not an issue for us and we can deliver high-volume production runs. However, we also take prototype and low-volume orders.
- We offer secondary operations on your cast, forged, and machined parts to enhance their functioning, precision, appearance, and quality.
- We offer these services for several types of metals such as steel, aluminum, and alloys.
- Our processes help reduce waste and facilitate fast turnaround times.
Heat treatment is a common process performed on most parts and components as part of secondary operations. Here are some common application areas that take advantage of our secondary CNC machine services.
- Pipes and tubes
- Bearings and screws
- Automotive parts
- Heavy engineering
- Dental equipment
- Sports gear
- Medical devices
- Consumer durables