Military is one of those crucial sectors, wherein there is close to zero tolerance for any flaws in their products as they are used on mission critical applications. While CNC machined parts are favored by many manufacturers across industries, the military sector has different specifications for the parts or components they need to machine or fabricate. So, military spec parts machining is a specialized segment among fabricators and CNC machining services providers. Princeton Industrial offers defense/military specs parts machining services, thanks to the advanced machines and our diverse capabilities. Our advanced multiple axes machines enable us to perform more than one function at a time, and are capable of mass production with consistent precision and tight tolerances.
Defense and Military Machining Capabilities
Contributing to the military services of our country is a matter of great pride and satisfaction for us. We offer custom mil spec parts which are made from Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) compliant materials and follow the required industry standards. We offer tolerance as tight as +/- 0.001 inches or as required for the application. Here are our defense/military spec parts machining capabilities:
Common Materials Used for Defense/Military Spec Parts Machining
At Princeton Industrial, we use robust metals such as titanium, brass, copper, stainless steel, aluminum and alloys to make the tough weaponry parts that any military needs. This sector also requires nuts, screws, bolts, and so on which are just as strong. In fact, some parts are also made of tough and resistant plastic such as PVC, Delrin, and more. We have in-house tooling capabilities for all the metals, alloys, and plastics. Here are some of the most common DFARS materials we regularly work with to make military spec machined parts.
- Titanium: This metal offers excellent weight and mechanical strength to a part or product. We have skilled workforce for machining titanium which ensures the right speed, feed rates, and precision.
- Aluminum: We often use tool grinding for aluminum which is commonly used in shafts, gears, and even some aircraft components. Aluminum is lightweight and yet hard and durable which offers excellent mechanical strength to the product.
- Stainless steel: Stainless steel is robust and corrosion resistant and is commonly used in various parts required in the defense sector. We use various grades of steel, most of which are quite easy to machine.
- Alloys: We combine metals such as brass, copper, and many others in the right proportion to enhance the physical and structural properties of the main metal. This offers hardness and strength to the product as also flexibility and bending capacity.
- Plastics: We use several types of plastics such as Delrin, PVC, Teflon, PTFE, and more. Plastics are commonly used in making certain components of hardware, aircraft parts, circuit enclosures, and so on. We are capable of achieving tight tolerances with plastics too. We help our clients choose the right type of plastic which can sustain the harsh environment in this sector.
Benefits of Partnering with Princeton for Defense/Military Spec Parts Machining
There are many benefits of partnering with us for your mil spec parts requirements. Here are some of them.
- We have several years of experience working for this sector, and this enables us to offer customization to our clients from the defense sector. This helps them meet their exact needs and all this is achieved without compromising on the quality or precision levels. We can customize in terms of materials, length, size, and other specific requirements of a client.
- We offer a high level of precision for metals as well as plastics and achieve tight tolerances or as required.
- We are a quality centric organization and totally understand how important quality and precision are for the defense sector. Hence, we perform stringent testing and inspection procedures at each stage of the machining process.
- Documentation is an important aspect which helps us as well as our client in future referencing, making prototypes, developing newer versions, and so on. We keep all our documents and manuals updated and are very particular about the same. We are ISO 9001: 2015 certified.
- We make all our parts entirely at our well-equipped facility located in Elgin, Illinois from where the shipments are dispatched.
- Just like quality, meeting the decided timelines is crucial, and especially for the defense sector. We deliver the exact quality and precision required for the parts and components in the stipulated timeframes.
- We offer prototypes and seek approval or changes in design before beginning a full volume production run. Our CNC machine systems can achieve tolerances as tight as 0.001 inches.
Applications of Defense/Military Spec Machined Parts
As mentioned, we offer military spec parts machining services for a variety parts. Here are some of them:
- Aircraft parts
- Heat Sinks
- Outer Guides
- Threaded Bushings
- Safety Brake
- Valve Stems
- Outer Guides
- End Plugs